What’s inside a black hole? How many dimensions are there? When will humans get to Mars? Do you have a burning question you’d love to ask Brian Cox? Film yourself asking your question and enter our competition to have Brian Cox answer it in person during his 2016 Australian tour!
In celebration of Professor Brian Cox - A Journey into Deep Space tour, Australia’s Science Channel and Lateral Events are giving 6 students around Australia the chance to meet Brian Cox in person and have their question answered. Travel to the events is at the expense of each winner.
Each winning student will receive*:
- A double pass to the show in their nearest capital city, where their video question will be played during the event and answered live on stage by Brian Cox!
- A photograph with Brian Cox
- A signed book
*Travel to the event is at the expense of each winner
Tour Dates and Locations
- Melbourne - Friday 5 August at 7.30pm, The Plenary, MCEC
- Brisbane - Saturday 6 August at 7.30pm, The Great Hall, BCEC
- Canberra - Tuesday 9 August at 7.30pm, Canberra Theatre Centre
- Sydney - Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11 August at 7.30pm, State Theatre
- Adelaide - Tuesday 16 August at 7.30pm, Adelaide Entertainment Centre Theatre
- Perth - Thursday 18 August at 7.30pm, Riverside Theatre, PCE
Entry is open to Primary and Secondary school students residing in Australia.
There are two parts to each entry, submitting video and submitting contact details, and both parts must be completed.
- Each entrant must submit a video file and complete the contact details questions. The name in the contact details must match the video file name.
- The video file must be named according to the student entering the competition: eg angelamartin.mov (firstnamelastname.mov or .mp4)
- All videos must be uploaded to Australia's Science Channel dropbox
- The video should feature the student asking the question in his/her own words. The student should start by stating first name and age only followed by the question, eg “My name is Angela, from (schoolname) and my question for Brian Cox is…..”
- Video format must be landscape style and NO longer than 30 seconds (smartphone acceptible)
- Each entrant may submit one question only
- All entries (videos and contact detail submissions) must be received by midnight, Monday 18 July 2016
- Winners will be contact on Friday 22 July. The judges’ decision is final; they will not enter into correspondence with entrants
- Should a winner be uncontactable prior to COB Monday 25th July, the winner will be taken to have forfeited any right to the prize and a new winner or winners will be selected, in accordance with the above procedure
- Winning entries from students will require consent from a parent or guardian to claim their prize and may be used by Australia’s Science Channel at any time for promotional purposes (parental consent will be obtained prior to any publication). Travel to the event is at the expense of each winner.
Any entries may be used by Australia's Science Channel as part of live events. Selected winning entries will be shown at the Brian Cox Journey into Deep Space live event tour to be answered during the show.